Monday, March 2, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 3/2/09


Wow, re-runs of the PTL Club! Just what we need! Wasn't it bad enough the first time around? As much as I like technology, and appreciate all the wonders available to us, and, as an amateur historian, appreciate the preservation of primary sources, some records just should not be kept! Too bad these tapes weren't stored in the basement of an electromagnet factory.

The End of an Era. I was saddened Saturday to read of the passing of radio great Paul Harvey. I started listening to Paul Harvey when I was a kid, because my dad listened. And I have kept up the practice through the years. What will I do each day at noon now? Lunch will never be the same.


After Reagan got rid of all of them but Castro, it's good to have a good ol' South American dictator again. This guy is so transparent!



Looks like Rick Warren might have been the most Biblical person allowed to pray at any official Obama-mania worship service. Who'da thunk it?



Wolves, maybe there's a reason why we used to just shoot 'em, huh? Don't get me wrong, I am all in favor of good stewardship of the environment, but there's a reason why predators are usually wiped out in populated areas. You know, areas that contain livestock and kids and such?


Dashing back up my tree...