Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Public Service Announcement

As all three of my regular readers (yes, research says that my regular readership is up to three!) know, Mrs. Squirrel and I spent last Saturday preparing our taxes.

For reasons that will soon be clear, you also need to know that I use Computer Associates’ security software on my computer.

While preparing our taxes, I had to do some research at the IRS' website. This is what I saw on my screen:



We have been warned...


Update: I just went back to the IRS website. The warning has been removed. My Tin-Foil-Hat department tells me that, obviously, somebody at Computer Associates has been "gotten to."



post signature

5 comments:

Julie said...

LOL... from one of your three regular readers.

Financial losses is right... we owe them about a thousand. Ugh.

Joshua Cookingham said...

Have they been 'rubbed out'...lol.

I'm still kind of young to be that aware of taxes, but I work at my local library, and we hand out tax return forms.

The IRS is really screwing people over. They don't even send people the forms anymore, ad since we can't give Tax information to our patrons(liabilty charges and things like that) they usually have no clue what they need....

BTW, Which three are your regular readers? I can't tell because of the stupid subscribe/follow thing on these blogs, it's different for each one.

Anyway, God bless!

Shinar Squirrel said...

Josh,

The same research indicated that most of my readers are highly irregular...

(c;

The Squirrel

Julie said...

I resemble that remark...

My4Sons said...

I always knew there was something fishy about the IRS! LOL And I haven't even started my taxes yet...