Friday, March 27, 2009

Bible, not Bentley!

"I'm now convinced that a large segment of the charismatic church will follow the Antichrist when he shows up because they have no discernment." - Anonymous Pentecostal Evangelist

The above quote comes from an article in Christianity Today regarding the imminent return of Todd “hold still while I punch heal you” Bentley to "ministry".


I'm not writing to tell you about my disgust at Bentley & his false teachings, which is considerable. No, I'm writing because I was struck so hard by that quote! It is so true! This is what happens when you base your belief system on "feelings," and "leadings," and "fresh words," instead of on what God has given us, "something more sure, the prophetic word"!


Isn't this exactly the sort of thing that the critics of the Charismatic movement have been saying all along?

post signature