Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 4/2/09

The Nut Cache - a collection of recent things I found interesting, or amusing, or noteworthy.

In the Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? department: Here are a couple of judges who definitely padded their nests. To make matters worse, they abused kids in the process. “You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous.” (Deuteronomy 16:19 ESV)


This is the link to a whole string of stories from Florida about a pair of Catholic priests who embezzled more than 6 million dollars from their parish church. They spent the money of girlfriends, condos, vacations, and one of them owns a bar in Ireland. Vows of poverty and celibacy aren’t what they used to be, I guess.


Huh? Newt Gingrich is converting to Catholicism. They interviewed the pastor who baptized him into the Baptist church a while back. Great line, “I guess I didn’t hold him under long enough.”


I really don’t know what they were protesting, nor do I have any idea why they set the bomb, but it’s the photo that just makes me chuckle. I could come up with a lot of funny lines for this one, but I’ll leave that to you.


Here is a stupid thief story. Note to self: When planning a robbery, make sure that the police are not having a convention at the location you are planning to rob. Reminds me of the scene in Code of Silence, when a couple of punks decided to rob the bar all the cops hang out at.


OK, here is another stupid thief story. Note to self: be sure that you know what it is that you are stealing. I sure hope they didn’t think it was ice cream or something…


This is a week old, and I’ve been waiting to hear more. I havn't heard more. I remember the Fleishmann-Pons debacle of 1989. If the cold fusion problem could be solved, it would sure change things.


They say that it was the result of an error. I think it was the computers revolting against the giant corporation that enslaves them! It’s good to know, in these tough economic times, that the computers are siding with the common man.


I’m not a paedo-baptist, and here’s another reason. Kids get sticky enough as it is, why drench one in soda pop on purpose? At least it smelled good, they could've used root beer...


post signature