Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 4/16/09

The Nut Cache - a collection of recent things I found interesting, or amusing, or noteworthy.

Sorry so late this morning. Been having 'net issues today.

Mrs. Squirrel has informed me that my Nut Caches were to long, so I've cut this one back a bit.



I am saddened to think that, somewhere out there, there is somebody who, when asked the EE Question, will say that they did this.



Sad-funny, but… wow. This guy got way more than he bargained for. There’s a kind of justice here… (Caution: I hesitate to include this one -- a little rough, but no bad language.)



Peoples credulity amazes me. I just never know what hoax people will buy into. You would like to think it has something to do with the backwardness of the culture, but then you remember some of the stuff people here fall for. There's just a lack of critical thinking everywhere.



A lot of people I respect have started using Twitter; Phil Johnson and Al Mohler, just to name a few. My daughter uses twitter, but she’s in college… I’m not against technology. I blog, I use e-mail, I play Homeworld2. But this is going just way too far!



Some people take things way too personally! And a man’s backyard used to be a man’s backyard. I wonder what would have happened if he’d had a garden gnome?



Have you ever wondered what would happen if a politician showed up at the other party’s rally? Carter at a Reagan get-together, Obama at a McCain gathering, Palin at an Obama meeting? And what if it was a mistake? That’s what happened to this poor fellow!


post signature