Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 8/13/09

The Nut Cache - a collection of recent things I found interesting, or amusing, or nutworthy.

In St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, you might want to think twice before taking you alligator for a ride on your bike. Especially if you're also packing drugs and stuff. And, whatever you do, do not abandon your alligator! That's also a crime in Louisiana. Who knew?

Well, if a 3-foot gator is fun to play with, how about a 10-foot one? Some kid's in Florida decided to go fishing for gators. Although everything turned out well, know that THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. I remember canoe camping in the Okefenokee swamp in Georgia when I was a kid, and all the warnings I received about gators. These kids really are lucky, as gators are not something to be messed with.

Stories like this one anger, amuse and astound me all at the same time. It angers me to see people ripped off and taken advantage off. It amuses me, while saddening me at the same time, because I can't believe that people fall for this stuff, and it astounds me because I can't believe that people fall for this stuff. I'm often bowled over by peoples gullibility!

We should have seen this coming. It was only a mater of time. Could this be the beginning of a wave of da Vinci hate crimes? Ever since Dan Brown enmeshed Leonardo da Vinci in his conspiracy theories, it shouldn't surprise us that Leonardo's paintings and artwork would come under attack. Or it could be totally unrelated. But it sure is nutty, either way.

Well, that's it for this week! Not a lot of nuts, but I hope the quality is acceptable. Stay nutty!

post signature