Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Squirrel and Schedules

As I said last week, the new job is really interfering with my blogging. But Mrs Squirrel says I have to just learn to deal with that, so...

Here's some upcoming stuff for you to look forward to --

The Defending Dordt series will continue, with Unconditional Election currently slated for this Friday morning, in place of The Squirrel Can Cook (which will be returning soon, but probably not as a weekly feature.)

The Squirrel's Nut Cache will continue as a weekly feature, so keep sending in nuttiness for review!

Next Sunday, I will be starting an exposition of Daniel at church, so Monday's post will consist of some sort of sermon notes/outlines/summaries. I'm also planning on podcasting the sermons, if I can get all the technical details resolved (nothing major, it's looking good.)

I'll also be passing on fun and frivolity from the taxi, as things happen. I'll also be tweeting from the taxi (between fares, while safely parked!), so follow me on twitter.

I hope that's wet your whistle! See you soon!

post signature

4 comments:

Fred Butler said...

What have you been reading in preparation for your study on Daniel?

Just curious.

Rabbit said...

Our evening Bible study group has been studying Daniel. We started last fall (Sept) and have gotten through 3 chapters so far. Not because of any controversy, mind you, we're just slow!

Looking forward to whatever posts you choose to put up, Squirrel.

The Squirrel said...

Fred:

Primarily, I've been reading Walvoord's commentary, Wiersbe's commentary, Transcripts of MacArthur's series on Daniel, transcripts of S Lewis Johnson's series on Daniel (as well as repeated listenings to both series,) and Gwendolyn Leick's history of the Babylonians.

I'm also checking various on-line resources.

~Squirrel

The Squirrel said...

Hi, Rabbit!

I think my pace may be a little bit faster then that! I'm figuring 20-30 weeks in Daniel.

"Looking forward to whatever posts you choose to put up, Squirrel."

Thank you for your loyalty! I'll do my best to reward it.

:o)

~Squirrel