Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 6/18/09

The Nut Cache - a collection of recent things I found interesting, or amusing, or nutworthy.

I do not have any tattoos. I know people with tattoos, some with a lot of tattoos. I've never understood tattoos. I've never heard anyone middle-aged or older who did not have any tattoos talk about how much they wished that they had gotten tattoos, but I have heard several people who wished that they hadn't gotten the tattoos that they did have. Here's a story about an 18-year-old girl in Belgium who got tattooed. First, check out the tattoo artist, wow. Then, read the story. I believe him when he says that she was all happy about the tattooing until her dad saw it.

OK, this one puzzles me. On two levels. First, I'm all for cute & cuddly critters, really, but 250 bunnies is on the extreme end of things. Weird, yes, but is it criminal? Which is my second level of puzzlement; why is keeping a bunch of bunnies illegal? The story never explains that aspect.

This story actually kinda goes with the bunny lady story above. Have you ever spent any amount of time wondering what you'd do with any money that you might ever win in the lottery? World tours? Fancy cars? A new house? I'll bet that this was never on your list! I wish Mr. & Mrs. Caswell all the best!

Sir Isaak Newton was right, gravity works. Gravity works every time it's tried. Here are a couple of guys who found out just how well gravity works. The first used to be a wiNdow washer in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the second was a kid trying to get a high-angle photograph of his family. Neither one suffered any serious injury, in fact, both individuals lived to benefit from their new understanding of gravity.

It's a fact of life; don't mess with a momma's baby; no way, no how! This cat learned that lesson! Reportedly, the 3-year-old little girl who was attacked by the cougar said, "Why didn't the kitty play nice?" As a side note, I must say that I'm looking forward to life in the Millennial Kingdom, when all the kitties will play nice!

That's the Nut Cache for this week!

post signature