Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 5/14/09

The Nut Cache - a collection of recent things I found interesting, or amusing, or nutworthy.

Look, if you want to eat plants, go ahead. If you want to eat only plants, sure, fine, enjoy. But don’t tell me I’m wrong to eat meat (see Genesis 9:3), and don’t act like you’re all “saving the planet,” and everything! Veggie day? Really? Give me a steak!

From the Rodent Revolution watch: Some may see this as a lack of gratitude on the part of the mother squirrel, but, after what I showed you here yesterday, I ask you, can you really blame her? We live in a world of “squirrel-proof” birdfeeders, and “squirrel repellents”, is it surprising that we’d be a bit suspicious? Hm?

OK, this one’s a not funny: Recently, the United States military destroyed Bibles that were printed in the Afghan language that had been sent to Afghanistan, to America Evangelical Christian soldiers, for them to give to Afghanis that they knew. These Bibles were purchased with private funds. I urge you to take the time to read James White’s article on this story.

Somebody needs to buy this guy a teddy bear, or a stuffed rat, or something. Dude, if you’ve got to keep it close, try the top drawer of your nightstand! That “under the pillow” thing is just Hollywood, ok? Don’t sleep with guns!

I understand hobbies. I even get “dangerous” hobbies, like skydiving and bungee-jumping. I don’t plan on ever skydiving or bungee-jumping, but, go ahead, have fun. I’ve enjoyed some whitewater rafting from time to time, but some things are just plain stupid…

That's the Nut Cache for this week!

post signature

6 comments:

The Squirrel said...

Well, I see that the link to the article for Nut #4 is no longer valid. It worked this morning. Anyway, it was an article about a guy who shot himself with the gun he habitually slept with. You know, dumb human tricks.

Oh, well...

~Squirrel

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh my goodness. That kayaker cracks me up. How exactly does one practice for paddling over a 186' waterfall? "...all my visualizations were going well..."

James White is right - if the military had destroyed a pile of Korans (Qurans, whatever) there would be an uproar. Yikes.

And Veggie Day? I'm grazing higher on the food chain!

Julie

Joshua Cookingham said...

Alright, now I'm convinced....SQUIRRELS ARE TERRORISTS!!!!

We go to all the trouble of protecting them from the enemy, AND THEY HATE US!!!!!


Lol, the paralells are hysterical!

The Squirrel said...

Joshua,

I'm sorry, friend, but you just don't understand. Squirrels have been oppressed and abused by imperialist humans, who invade our woods to build their houses and towns and schools.

Then these humans go and put up "squirrel proof" bird feeders, where, once, squirrels dined freely.

You speak of terror? What of the terror of suddenly finding the bird feeder you just wanted a snack from suddenly spinning out of control beneath you? It's unconscionable!

(o:

Squirrel

Joshua Cookingham said...

Ah, but you don't understand...God gave MAN dominion, not squirrels!

God is on OUR side, not theirs!


lol, this could go on forever ROFL!!!!

Mary at Civilla's Cyber Cafe said...

I can't believe that about the Bibles! Yikes! And paid for with private funds, no less! Yes, what if they had been Korans? Oh, my, the uproar.

Speaking of saving the planet, a "Nut" that I know said that we should use up all the oil, chop down all the trees, drink up all the water, kill off all the animals and then HEAD NORTH!

I predict a backlash against the environ-nazis. People will get sick of it.

Ha! I have to type in "person" to get this to work. Person! Yay! Save the humans!!!