Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thank You All!


The goal has been met! Today at church, the church treasurer informed me that, in the last week, checks totaling $500 had come into the church earmarked for the pastor's conference fund. The Superior Baptist Church Pastor's Conference Fund has received a grand total of $1208!

Well, you did it, and I am so very, very grateful! This puts me way over the top, exceeding my fundraising goal of $1000 and covering the entire cost of the trip to the 2011 Shepherds' Conference. I can't tell you how much this means to me! I will, of course, do daily blog posts from the conference (with pictures), although I don't think I'm talented enough to live-blog it.

I also want to meet as many SquirrelFans as might be attending. So, if you read A Squirrel in Babylon and you are going to be at the Shepherds' Conference, let me know.

post signature

10 comments:

Rachael Starke said...

Woohoo - two hundred extra dollars for a late night pub crawl!!!!!!

Rachael Starke said...

Or, um, not.

Srsly, that's wonderful. I know you'll have a great, great time.

Victoria Lynch said...

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!
I being a woman-am unable to attend(although I have imagined putting on male clothing and a fake beard and trying to deepen my voice and sneak in)! But that's okay-I can watch the live stream-which I always do. I am So very happy for you-and I know you will have a GREAT time with Tony-ya'll behave.

Mrs. Squirrel said...

It's been my experience that if God gifts you "a little extra", that means he's got a plan for it. I'll be hoping that it's for an opportunity to do something fun, but I imagine it might be closer to a safety decision influence; like NOT trying to drive the whole way back in one stretch or sleeping in a rest area. He may have just given you a hotel on the way home.

- love you hubby :D

The Squirrel said...

Hotel on the drive home? And here I was thinking "More Chick-fil-A!"

Squirrel

Rachael Starke said...

You're driving?? Brother, listen to your dear wife! My husband and a friend did the CA to MT and back trip a few years ago - he said there's a reason road trips are usually a college-kid thing - younger bodies!

The Squirrel said...

Rachael,

Former trucker. I'll be fine. I know all the truck stops and rest areas on my route. (Plus I've mapped out the 8 Chick-fil-A's I'll be driving by...)

Squirrel

Bartolucci said...

Looking forward to it, bro. We'll have a great time all around!

Speaking of 'round' . . .
I am Tony B. - The Round Mound of Expound

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo! Glad you're going.

Beware of boozy Australians. (Hi Rachael!) JK

Julie

Robert Warren said...

Splendid, Mr. Squirrel!