Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Squirrel's Nut Cache - 4/10/2010

A Saturday Nut Special!


I was busy this week, and wasn't able to deliver to you on Thursday all the Nuts I'd squirreled away, so here is your Saturday Nut Special! Enjoy

This first Nut is very close to my heart, as this is my all time favorite video game! I spent hours and hours playing Asteroids in the back room of the Frenchtown Café, at Little Big Man Pizza, and at Aladdin's Castle in Southgate Mall. I wonder how many quarters I spent? I used to have some pretty high scores, but nothing ever even close to this! Congrats, John McAllister! 41,338,740 points, beating a record which has stood for 28 years!

Driving 95 miles per hour is a criminal act, it is irresponsible. Any responsible parent would take action upon discovering that a 16-year-old minor child had driven that fast. I guess locking the little miscreant out of Facebook is excessive punishment... I really hope that this woman doesn't lose in court! "The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother." -Proverbs 29:15

April Fools' jokes abound, and often cause confusion. The reactions are sometimes funny, like the Jordanian newspaper who's front page story about an alien invasion which caused widespread panic and a frantic search by security forces. But April Fools' jokes are usually not a good idea. Take this 911 dispatcher for example. Dumb dumb dumb...

Our next Nut sounds like a joke, but appears to be true. I applaud the man's compassion and willingness to help. I really do. Obviously, the man has a tender heart. But the road-killed opossum was beyond the reach of medical assistance. Yes, the opossum was dead. His erstwhile EMT was just dead drunk...

It seems that our British cousins "across the pond" are also concerned with the welfare of animals & they're strict about it. If this woman's story is an example and you own a pet shop, you'd better toe the line. Funny thing is, I bet there's no law against a 14-year-old buying live seafood from a fish monger...

And the Nuttiness goes on and on...

post signature