Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day, America!

Happy 4th of July!

Today is the day we Americans celebrate the overthrow of our evil English overlords (not to be confused with our modern English friends... It's complicated...) in the American Revolution of 1776-1783. This is a day for cookouts and fireworks and such with friends and family.

America is far from perfect, but I can't think of a better place on earth. I get teary-eyed when I hear The Star-spangled Banner, and I always try to say, "Thank you," when I see someone in the uniform of our armed forces. I pray that God will bring true Christian revival to America.

[Note: The "Patriotic Squirrel" image was designed by Carla Rolfe, and is available as a fantastic tee-shirt! Check out all of Carla's great designs!]

post signature